Pier Project update for Spring 2023
As the warm weather quickly moves in to welcome the month of May, many changes have taken place down at the waterfront.
The new pier is quickly taking shape with the floor boards being completed and the railings installed.
On the Ladybird display building, the duct work is currently being installed and air vents will be inserted in the flooring.
A protective film will be applied on the window glass of the Ladybird display building to provide additional protection from damage.
Work being completed currently:
- The floating dock fabrication is currently 75% Complete.
- Electrical wiring, handrails and lighting work will continue.
- MarTech electric will continue the electrical wire install as the handrails are put in place.
- The barge will be removed from site by Graham Marine.
- City of Nelson staff will be scheduled to start landscaping and conduct the sprinkler install.
Contractors on site:
North Mountain Construction, True Mechanical Engineering, MarTech Electric, Heritage Roofing, Graham Marine and City of Nelson Staff.