Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 6:30pm at Prestige Lakeside Resort
September 11, 2018
Nelson, BC – Need to save energy, but not sure where to start? Whether you are building a new home or fixing up the current one, this year’s show will help you to save energy and money. Nelson Hydro’s EcoSave Program and the West Kootenay EcoSociety present the 6th annual trade show style event that features green and sustainable options for building, renovating and transportation.
The show is a two-part event; you can visit a variety of green local vendors on one side of the room and on the other side you can hear short presentations from the experts. Presentations begin at 7:00pm and go until 9:00pm; the feature presentation by Lukas Armstrong from Cover Architectural Collaborative Inc. starting at 8:00pm. Lukas will discuss the benefits and challenges associated with the Passive House construction strategy and present some interesting projects. The Province has committed to taking incremental steps to increase energy-efficiency requirements in the BC Building Code to make buildings net-zero energy ready by 2032. The BC Energy Step Code, a part of the BC Building Code, supports this effort. The Passive House standard results in ultra-low energy buildings that require little energy for space heating or cooling.
Here are some examples of what you can expect to see/learn at the show:
- Locals who specialize in energy retrofits, insulation specialists and experts in heat pumps and high efficiency gas furnaces and boilers;
- Learn about Tiny Homes, smart thermostats, sustainable window coverings, Leeds Certified flooring and solar attic fans;
- EcoSave Program featuring - ‘The Great Escape’, is heat escaping from YOUR home? View an aerial infrared heat map of your roof and learn about rebates and on-bill financing;
- Electric transportation - learn from community members who own different makes and models of Electric Vehicles and want to share their personal experience, as well as the electric bike from Pedego Canada;
- Mandala Home - proud builder of BC’s first Energy Star home, will educate you on why a round home is a greener home; and
- FortisBC - rebate guides for new and existing homes, LED’s (the Fall Lighting Campaign).
Nelson’s EcoSave Program simplifies the process of making your home more energy efficient. There will be information at the show about energy assessments and how you can take advantage of the 3.5% financing loan for energy upgrades which is then repaid on your Nelson Hydro electric bill. Come out and meet your local energy advisors for both new and existing homes as well as valuable information from more than 30 local vendors.
This event has something for everyone, including many giveaways and a chance to win the grand prize of $1,000 towards an electric bike from Pedego Canada!
This all takes place at the Prestige Lakeside Resort on Tuesday, September 25th, 2018. Doors open at 6:30pm and presentations begin at 7:00pm.
Carmen Proctor, EcoSave Program Manager
Telephone: (250) 509-2021