EMERGENCY NOTICE - GAS LEAK IN UPHILLAugust 28, 2018 at 2:58pmATTENTION ALL RESIDENTS!There is a gas leak in the Innes and Hendryx Street area of Nelson.Power has been shut-off along Houston Street between Josephine and Cedar Streets, as well as the 200 - 1400 Blocks of Innes Street.Evacuation is in place for homes adjacent to the alley of the 800 and 900 blocks of Houston and Innes.Please call the Fire Hall at (250) 352-3103 if you have questions related to this gas leak.Please call 911 in case of emergency.
5:10pmGAS LEAK - Final Update 5:10pmHendryx/Innes area in UphillIncident Command has been terminated and turned over to FortisBC. Residents are welcome to return to their homes.Nelson Fire and Rescue Services is pleased to report that there were no injuries or extended property damage.
4:25pm- GAS LEAK UPDATE Residents in affected area of gas leak in the Hendryx/Innes area are asked to report to the Incident Command at the corner of Hendryx and Innes.The affected residents will be escorted by fire personnel to their homes to ensure there is no smell of gas.Fire personnel will assist homeowners with ventilation, should it be required.
3:45 pm - The gas leak has been contained. Affected homes remain evacuated until Fire crews have ensured there is no accumulation of gas.