Chamber of Commerce
The 460 members of the Nelson & District Chamber of Commerce are representatives from the Nelson business and professional community who share the common goal of promoting economic activity to the benefit of all residents of the Nelson region. This goal encompasses economic activity within the region, and between the Nelson region and elsewhere in the world. It includes but is not limited to:
- Being the advocate for and leader of business;
- Providing relevant information and sources of information to its members;
- Working with other complementary organizations to promote economic activity beneficial to the region;
- Encouraging a high standard of integrity.
The Chamber of Commerce operates the Nelson Visitor Information Centre from its office at 91 Baker Street. The Chamber has also been instrumental in laying the groundwork for the renovation of the Nelson railway station.
The Nelson & District Chamber of Commerce encourages and supports:
- Expanded and diversified small business and tourism sectors;
- Development that recognizes the heritage and environmental values of our community;
- Artistic, cultural and educational activities in our community;
- The resource sector as an important part of our local economy.
For more information on the Chamber of Commerce, please visit their website at www.discovernelson.com.Go to Top