Official Community Plan
The City's Official Community Plan provides the policy foundation for further planning initiatives that will be required as Nelson grows and changes. The purpose of the OCP is to guide community activities in a coordinated, sustainable manner. Five Sustainability Principles guide our future planning and decision making: Cultural Strength, Healthy Neighbourhoods, Robust Ecosystems, Prosperity and Resiliency.
Nelson City Council adopted the Official Community Plan on May 13, 2013.
- Schedule A Goals / Objectives / Policies [PDF - 8.5 MB]
- Schedule_B Land Use Designation Map [PDF - 1.7 MB]
- Schedule_C_Transportation Map [PDF - 717 KB]
- Schedule_D_Natural Environment and Hazardous Lands Map [PDF - 2 MB]
- Schedule_E_Development Permit Areas Map [PDF - 1.7 MB]
- Schedule_F1 Cycling and Trail Routes Map [PDF - 740 KB]
- Schedule_F2_Pedestrian and Trail Routes Map [PDF - 4.7 MB]
- Schedule_G_Parks, Open Space and Public Facilities Map [PDF - 1.8 MB]
- Schedule H - Design Guidelines [PDF - 5.8 MB]