Safety & Public Education
The programs listed below are available to the businesses and citizens of Nelson and are presented by the Nelson Fire & Rescue Public Educator, Fire Prevention Officer or Fire Training Officer:
- Elementary school program, including Fire Prevention Week, Burn Awareness Week and the annual Fire Drill Competition;
- Preschool and youth group visits and tours at the fire hall, including those for Beavers, Sparks, Brownies and Cubs;
- Juvenile Fire Setters program for children;
- Fire safety planning for homes and businesses in Nelson;
- Fire extinguisher training;
- Emergency Preparedness program;
- Fire Smart program and information.
Any programs not listed are coordinated by the department's Public Educator and can be customized to suit your needs. Simply contact us for more information.
If you are looking for information on our alarm monitoring service, please contact the fire hall.
Go to Top