EcoSave Process Steps Overview
- Forms available at City Hall or online (Registration Form [PDF - 168 KB]).
- Initial Energy Assessment
- City Green Solutions will call you to schedule the initial home energy assessment.
- Once the assessment is complete, the EcoSave Coordinator (Carmen Proctor) will contact you to determine whether you need assistance, and/or if you choose to use on-bill financing or not
- Homeowner gets quotes for retrofit work and materials.
- If on-bill financing is chosen, application process takes place here.
- Homeowner completes the work, and/or hires contractor(s) to do the work.
- Once the work is complete contact the EcoSave Coordinator.
- If on bill financing was chosen - submit Request for Payment forms.
- Post Retrofit Energy Assessment
- A post-retrofit assessment is scheduled.
- If the upgrades meet the criteria for the LiveSmart BC rebate program, then the Energy Advisor will apply for the rebate(s) on your behalf.
- An EnerGuide Label for your home will be sent to you.
- Utility usage data is collected, and evaluated by the EcoSave Coordinator to assess program benefits.
- If on-bill financing was chosen - then payments will be added to your Nelson Hydro utility bill.
- LiveSmart BC rebates are applied to on bill loan amounts (if applicable).
- Forms available at City Hall or online (Registration Form) [PDF - 168 KB].
- Program coordinator will provide a program information package.
- Energy Assessment
- Business can contact the appropriate person in the information package to schedule and/or discuss energy efficiency options.
- Business may be able to access rebates or incentives depending on the energy efficiency improvement measures undertaken.
There are terms and conditions that you will be required to sign at the time of the initial energy assessment, along with consent forms for the collecting of utility usage data to determine program energy savings.
There will be a contract with terms and conditions as part of the Loan Agreement. Request for Payment forms will need to be completed prior to payment being issued.
Still have Questions?
EcoSave Energy Retrofits Coordinator