Applications & Forms
Links to downloadable applications and forms for a wide range of city-related services can be found below. Please ensure that your application is filled in completely, and that you attach the applicable payment and supporting documents (if required) when you submit your application.
You will require the free Adobe Reader to view the majority of these documents.
- Banner Request Application [PDF - 60 KB]
For community groups and organizations wanting to display special event or promotional banners above Baker Street, or on the outside of the Civic Centre. Requests should be received by City Hall 60 days before the required date.
- Certificate of Insurance [PDF - 31 KB]
This form certifies that policies of Insurance, subject to their terms, conditions and exclusions, are presently in force for the Insured named with the insurer specified. This form is accepted as well as valid Certificates of Insurance from certified insurance companies.
- Community Service Application [PDF - 39 KB] (See Committees for details)
- Complaint Form [PDF - 20 KB]
Nelson residents with either compliments or complaints are encouraged to submit them in writing to City Hall.
- Delegation Request Form [PDF - 51 KB]
Requests to approach Council as a Delegation at regularly scheduled Council meetings should be made in writing. This form should be completed and submitted to the Corporate Officer together with presentation materials ten days in advance of the meeting. (See Delegations for details)
- Freedom of Information Request Form [PDF - 52 KB]
To access records held by the Corporation of the City of Nelson.
- Special Event Application Form [PDF - 67 KB] (See Special Events for details and online application form)
The Special Event application is required to be submitted for all events that plan to use city property, including parades, walks and races, street closures and parks usage.
- Bylaw Enforcement Complaint Form [PDF - 53 KB] (See Animal & Bylaw Services for details)
Form for submitting a complaint regarding a bylaw.
- Bylaw Notice Dispute Form [PDF - 42 KB] (See Parking for details)
Form to dispute an animal bylaw infraction, parking ticket, etc.
- Business License Application & Fee Schedule [PDF - 61 KB] (See Business License for details)
Businesses operating within the city are required to apply for an annual business license.
- Building Permit Application [PDF - 141 KB] (See Building Permits for details)
- Development Application Form [PDF - 273 KB] (See Development Application for details)
For Development Permits (including signage), Development Variance Permits, Subdivision, Temporary Commercial and/or Industrial Permits, Amendments to the Official Community Plan/Zoning Bylaw, Liquor License, and Heritage Alteration Permits.
- Plumbing Permit Application [PDF - 116 KB] (See Development Services & Sustainability for details)
- Sandwich Board Sign Application [PDF - 60 KB] (See Development Services & Sustainability for details)
- Sidewalk Cafe/Patio Application Form [PDF - 52 KB]
Businesses that plan to occupy a portion of sidewalk or municipal road allowance for use as a seating area are required to submit an application and adhere to the design guidelines attached.
- Sustainability Checklist [PDF - 454 KB] (See Sustainability for details)
Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete a City of Nelson Sustainability Checklist when applying for an Amendment to the OCP, Amendment to the Land Use Regulation Bylaw (Rezoning), Major or Minor Development Permit, Development Variance Permit or Preliminary Layout Approval of Subdivision. Please see the Development Application page for further details.
- EcoSave Registration Form [PDF - 236 KB] (See EcoSave Energy Retrofits Program for details)
- Electrical Service Application [PDF - 829 KB] (See Applications for details)
- Permissive Tax Exemption Application Form [PDF - 29 KB] (See Property Information for details)
Property tax exemptions may be available for city residents whose property is used for non-commercial, non-profit purposes.
- Pre-Authorized Payment Request Form [PDF - 11 KB] (See Property Information for details)
The City of Nelson offers an installment plan that allows you to make equal payments on your property taxes, electrical, or water/sewer. Instead of making one single payment on or before the due date.
- Auxiliary Members Application Form [PDF - 39 KB] (See Recruitment for details)
- Fire Safety Plan Template [PDF - 289 KB] (See Fire Prevention for details)
- Safety Equipment Monthly Checklist [PDF - 553 KB] (See Fire Prevention for details)
- Sk8 Park Waiver [PDF - 10 KB] (See Programs for details)
The Nelson and District Youth Centre is proud of its 2,000 square feet of indoor ramps, bowl, rollers, rails and kickers, open year-round. Everyone who uses the Sk8 Park is required to complete the waiver.
Go to Top