The Nelson & District Youth Centre provides a fun, safe and accepting environment for all youth to hang out and meet new friends.
The NDYC offers a variety of programs, services and activities including: an indoor ramp sports area and basketball court; arts and crafts and dance studios; and a drop-in lounge for playing games, watching TV or just hanging out.
Everyone using this facility has the right to, and responsibility of, providing an environment:
- Where dignity and respect are protected
- Where youth can have access to a variety of resources
- Free from physical, emotional or sexual harassment or abuse
- Free from alcohol, smoking and/or drugs
- Free from discrimination based on sex, wealth, ability, peer group, sexual orientation or beliefs
- Free from offensive language
- With positive and qualified guidance and/or supervision
- That encourages fair conflict resolution strategies
- That is safe and non-threatening
- That fosters individuality
- That gives youth a voice in Centre operations and management
All youth are invited to the NDYC. Please note that any youth 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
Go to Top