City of Nelson Campground
The campground is now CLOSED for the season. Operations will begin May 1, 2019.
The Nelson City Campground offers visitors access to a forested, natural environment in an urban setting. Located on High Street, just east of downtown Nelson, the campground is centrally located and an easy walk to shopping, parks, and beach.
The campground operates from May 1st - October 15th. Shared laundry, all-weather cooking facilities, and tourist information is available on-site. The campground offers: 7 full-service sites; 20 sites with electrical hookup; 20 tent sites; and 4 sites for RV units up to 40 feet in length.
Reserve a spot or check for availability by email (after April 1st) or by phoning us at 250-352-7618 between 3:00pm and 9:00pm while the campground is operating (starting May 1st).
We will need the following information to make a reservation:
- The number of people in your party
- The names of all your party members, particularly if you are arriving separately
- A phone number by which we can reach the party lead
- The date of arrival and departure
- A description of your tent, trailer, motor home, van (so we can select an appropriate site)
- Full payment is required at the time of booking
- Prior to 48 hours: written cancellation is required; full refund
- Within 48 hours: written cancellation is required; one night camping fee (as per the site reserved) will be charged
- If no written cancellation is received before the time of arrival date there is no refund given
Note: Shaw Go Wi-Fi is available in the campground, and other public areas around Nelson. Find more information on Shaw Go Wi-Fi Guest Access.